Easter 2010
Our Easter this year was pretty low-key.
The plan was to go to church at 9.
I had to take pictures of the flowering of the cross for our church.
Then we were going to come back at 12:30 after the last service to get family pictures.
Then we were going to my mom and dad's house to celebrate.
And go mushroom hunting.
But it didn't quite happen that way.
The kids had a bad night.
I woke up achy, but I thought it was just from poor sleep.
We went to church.
I took the pictures.
The kids and I came home.
They took naps.
I should have.
We went back to church.
By this time I was feeling awful.
We took the pictures.
Then I realized my external flash had dying batteries and all the pictures were dark.
So we had to retake the family pictures.
The kids wanted nothing to do with it. And I wanted nothing to do with them.
We survived somehow.
And when we got home, I had 102.3 temperature.
My body aches turned into fever chills and sweats.
No Easter celebration for us.
Leftover cheese pizza for lunch.
It seemed...wrong.
By the end of the day, I had a double ear infection with a sinus infection.
Ick.
By supper, I felt well enough that the kids finally got their Easter Baskets.
But no Easter egg hunts.
It was such a sad Easter at our house.
Thankfully Jon's parents are coming on Monday.
And I'm sure we'll try to make it up for the kids somehow.
And in the meantime I hope I start feeling better soon!










