DRUMS!
My son has been beating the drums since he was smaller than a year old. We used to bring straws to church so he could pound out the rhythm as we sang. He's gotten (and broken) almost every "kid drum" imaginable (the hard-plastic little tikes drum is about the only one he didn't destroy from too much playing!). He has quite the reputation at church too! That's how we were blessed. A dear family from church is finishing their basement. They had to make room. So they offered us their drum set. And by drum set, I mean the whole sha-bang. Evan is one happy dude!
Most people roll their eyes when I tell them that Evan got drums, as though I should be annoyed by the constant banging and loud noises. I'm NOT. in the least! I LOVE hearing him play. He's respectful and so far obedient. He hands over the drum sticks when he's done and has to ask for them before he can play. He shares with his sister. He sings praises to Jesus. He's got the beat. And it's all music to my ears.
I'm pretty sure he's gonna grow up to be a worship leader of some sort. I keep hearing him sing "1,2,3,4...Hallelujah, how awesome is the Lord most high!...one more time guys! sing Hallelujah!" It's hilarious. And wonderful. You should hear it for yourself! I'll try to catch him sometime...it's quite amazing!







