Faith Lutheran VBS 2009
>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009 –
Our church,
photography
We got back late Friday night. Jon came home late Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning he had church, and then youth on Sunday night. And Monday morning he took off for a 2 day MO district convention (not that our church is malicious...it just so happened that he was the only pastor who could go to vote for our church).
And for us, Monday morning was the start of VBS. I was the photographer for the week, so that meant that Evan AND Haven both got to go to the nursery for the morning. It was a fun week at GADGET's Garage (God's Always Doing Great and Exciting Things). The 400+ kids and 200+ adults had a great time, and I was pleased to be able to capture some of those precious moments on camera. :)
Evan had a blast playing in the "Bob room" (that's what he calls the church nursery since it's decorated with Veggie Tales), and Haven didn't misbehave too much. I only got called once. :)
We were glad to have Jon back with us for his birthday on Tuesday, and by Friday we were all pooped! It was so hot the last three days of VBS--I ended up with some heat exhaustion and dehydration that knocked me out Friday through Sunday. Ick. But I'm glad to be feeling better now, and my body's a bit more glad that I didn't have to be at the VBS this week for our Columbia site since it's been above 95 every day this week. :)
Here are the three albums I posted on Facebook if you'd like to see the "keeper" pictures.
Otherwise, here are a few of my favs:




