Why Haven?
I meant to post this right away, but alas, I'm forgetful, and I forgot. :) We want our kids' names to be little witnessing tools. Evan's name comes from Evangelist. We want Evan to remember that God calls him to witness to His name no matter what God calls Evan to do in life (and Joshua is after Jon's brother who passed away before Evan was born). Haven means safe place. We want Haven to remember that God is her safe place, no matter what is going on in this crazy world we live in. Haven is also special because Jon and I first had the opportunity to do ministry together in college at a special worship gathering called the Haven. Jon was an emcee and I sang in one of the bands. It was a special place and time for us both! H aven also shares my middle name, Marie. Not so much because I wanted to name my daughter after myself but more because we really liked the way the two names fit together--that was just an added bonus. :) Interestingly enough, the reason my middle name is Marie is because it's the middle name my grandma never gave my mother. My mom has no middle name, and I'm sure she asked her mom about it alot when she was a little girl. Grandma told her if she would have given her a middle name, it would have been Marie. So I guess it's becoming a bit of a family tradition. :)
