Hand vs. Ceiling Fan...
>> Saturday, December 6, 2008 –
Lani
Jon and I have all of our open suitcases in my parents' basement bedroom. While we've given up sleeeping there since our stay has been a bit more extended than we planned and we were tired of having no motivation to wake up in the morning (because it's completely dark down there), we still have our stuff down there. Two nights ago I was downstairs changing clothes for bed when as I reached over my head to pull of my shirt....WHAP! WHAP! WHAP! It took three times to realize what had really happened, but I stuck my hand right in the line of the ceiling fan. It's a bit lower than it would be in any other room of the house because the basement has drop ceilings. And even though I've hit it before (when it was off or when it was on a low-speed), it aparently wasn't hard enough to make me learn my lesson. But I won't forget anymore!
My hand is a bit cut and bruised and still VERY sore and swollen (can't get my ring off), but I'm thankful to still have all of my digits functioning properly. Praise God for small miracles! (The picture was taken shortly after the incident...before the bruises on my three middle fingers and knuckles set in...)

oh my word, Lani! Did you ice it?
Lani-
I did the exact same thing when we lived in McAllen, and my battle wound looked almost exactly like yours. I was sure I broke my finger...but turns out I didn't. Sorry this happened, but it is so funny that the same thing happened to me, too!
oh my gosh...we thought my finger was broken too from how quickly it swelled up! We kept it on ice for over an hour after the incident...I think that helped keep the swelling and bruising down a bit...I'm sorry to hear it happened to you, but a bit glad I'm not the only one who's ever pulled this stunt! ha! :)