It's a Girl!
We finally had our first ultrasound today. We went to the perinatal center at the hospital where baby will be delivered to have a level 2 ultrasound to make sure her heart is forming and functioning properly (to make sure she doesn't have what her uncle Josh died from). Everything looks good...baby is a little smaller than Evan was at this time, but is healthy (and quite the kicker!). We didn't particularly get to enjoy the ultrasound since Evan was having his finest terrible 2 moment ever...and the baby was breeched and facing my back, so it was really challenging to get a good look...and our nurse wasn't exactly the nicest person either (We had to beg to get her to give us something even resembling a profile...or with most of the baby in it...) It wasn't what we had imagined it would be like...
For those of you who are wondering why we decided to find out, let me tell you it was a hard decision. In fact, we didn't have our minds made up until last night before bed! But we decided that since with this pregnancy we've been so distracted (with church issues and the move and Evan), that we needed something special to bond with this baby a bit better. Plus we want to teach Evan to say girl (he did that today!) and sister (still working on that one)...and teach him to be gentle (he needs a lot of help with this!)
The good news is that since baby was being uncooperative, we get to go back in about a month for another one. I'm really hoping that Baby will behave so we can get a good look at her! Speaking of the her-edness...I think it's still sinking in that we're having a girl. It's not that we're disappointed, but I think we have always just imagined being "boy parents." So thoughts of dealing with drama, boy problems, periods, and weddings is a bit overwhelming right now...I'm sure as soon as I get to go baby shoe shopping, I'll like the idea of having a girl a lot more. (And I'm really hoping she likes to cuddle more than Evan did!) :) And it is rather sweet that Jon is calling me his #1 girl... :)
Here are a few pics, for the rest visit here.
upside down baby (head/body)


Praise the Lord for your precious daughter. I'm sure it'll take a while to sink in, and try to remember that you don't have to deal with drama, periods, boyfriends, and weddings for a long time yet. :) You will be delighted with a sweet girl... and I seriously wish I was there RIGHT now so I could go shoe shopping with you for this little sweetheart! I love her already!
I think your reason for finding out is really cool! This will give you plenty of time to bond with your baby and hopefully life will settle down a little bit too.
So excited for y'all as you get to enter into the girl world after having a boy! It's super fun and really special. Evan sounds much like Traeger and is ALL BOY. I was really concerned about how Traeger would respond to having a baby around. It has been such a delight to watch his gentle side shine with his interactions with his sister! I'm sure you saw it on our blog but we got Traeger a baby doll shortly before Ataly was to arrive. We're not sure, but it really seemed to help with the transition. And it wasn't like he was super gentle with the doll either, he would throw it around. Luke was a little skeptical of having our boy have a doll but we really think it helped Traeger.
So many fun times ahead! Praying for y'all!
seriously, I look at these pictures everyday!
Hi, Bethany's sister here. I am so happy that you are having a girl! How fun! I hope you are doing well. We have been praying for you guys with your move and your new church. God is so good!
Congratulations! You'll do so well with a girl, having all of the sister experience you grew up with! Plus, shopping for girls' clothes is way more fun than shopping for boys. What fun-now onto names to choose!