Powered by Blogger.

Friday Surprise

My husband sacrifices A LOT to make time
to spend with us.
He diligently protects his family time
from too many work and church commitments.
But he's also sacrificed a bit too much when it comes
to having some good, old fashioned guy time.

So I made some for him. :)
About two months ago I began planning a man-day
with our friend, Justin, from our small group at church.
I wanted Jon to have a day completely family-free
doing all the things that he likes to do.

I can't believe I managed to keep it a secret for TWO months.
TWO MONTHS!
If you know me, you know that was quite a feat!
I'm a terrible liar...
and I can't keep a secret from my husband!
He has secret-dar...and he can usually tell when I'm up to something!

Now that I'm done patting myself on the back...
Jon and I made plans to use his pastor's free-pass into the
Brewers and Cards game Friday night.
I even set up babysitting with some of our youth and everything!
Earlier that week Jon told me he was going to go into work
at some point on Friday to make up the extra day we took in WI.

The plan was for Justin and Pastor Tim to come get him around 10.
10 came and Jon was ready to leave!
He was being really sweet...he wanted to stop at a t-shirt place
and get us some Cards gear for the game.
I had to putt every trick in the book to get him to stay in one place...

Things like..."Oh look! Evan and Daddy match! Let me take your picture..."

They finally got to our house as I was sitting Haven on the potty
because it "looked like she had to go."
:)

Whew!

Jon was a LOT confused about why they were here.
Justin said, "You're coming with us."
And Jon said, "No guys. I can't. I have a day planned with my family."
And then I came down stairs and said, "You're going with them!"
"...So does this mean we're not going to the game tonight?"
I think he was slightly disappointed that the date wasn't real,
but the fun he had more than made up for it.

Their morning started off with the Brew Master Brewery Tour.
Behind the scenes.
Samples right out of the kettle.
Jon liked it a lot!

Then they went to a specialty hot dog place for lunch.
(No, not Gus'...)

Headed over to Justin's for some Wii time,
while they waited for the rest of the guys to show up.

They went to Bandana's BBQ for dinner.
And then tee-time was at 8.
Golf at night.
Who knew?!
Thanks to everyone who helped me pull off this big surprise! :)

And so while Jon was gone, Pastor Tim's wife, Beth, came over
and we took the kids to Suson Park.
(After a lunch with Gus.)
I appreciated Beth's company!
Here are some pictures from our day together:














Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP