Recent Conversations with Evan
Evan's language development has absolutely blossomed in the last month or so. He's trying to use full sentences a lot more now than ever before. Which also means that he's communicating his personality and emotions better than ever too. Let me elaborate by sharing two of our recent conversations.
The Funny One:
Background info: My mom has a nightly tradition of asking Evan if he is her "sweetie pie." When Evan spent the weekend at his other grandparents' house, he missed out on his little nightly routine: my mom would ask Evan if he was her sweetie pie, he would smile and say NO!, and then she would fake cry.
Now that Evan is back, I overheard him having this conversation with my mom.
Evan: Mama, sweetie pie? (he wanted her to ask him the question. He was baiting her.)
Mama:
Evan:
(nothing happened...)
Evan: Mama cry!
I can't believe he wanted her to cry over him not being her sweetie pie! It was hilarious...and also a little disturbing...
The not-so funny one:
Evan: I want to go home.
Me: Hunny, this is our home for a while longer.
Evan: No. I want to go home.
Me: Where do you think our home is?
Evan: Silver van.
:( Poor little guy. I hope for his sake (and ours too) that we do have our own home again soon!
