Progress!
I had my 39 week check up today. It's a little hard for me to believe that I'm still giving preggo updates since it was over a month ago now that Jon and I took our first trip to the hospital with pre-term labor. I'm guessing this little girl is just giving us a taste of what's to come--lots of trouble! :) ha!
I'm still 2 cm dilated, but now 90% effaced. My doctor has agreed to strip my membranes (basically separate the amniotic sac from my cervix) next Wednesday if I still haven't delivered. It's practically like a natural induction that usually brings on labor within 24-48 hours. I'm hoping to not have to make it that far...
As "luck" would have it, I have an ear infection in my right ear. Thankfully my doctor was able to prescribe me a z-pack which is a safe antibiotic to be on during pregnancy...I had to suffer a few days without it, though, and it was no fun! So while I'm hoping for baby girl to come, I'm also hoping the entire right side of my head and ear aren't throbbing when she makes her appearance...
Jon's parents are coming into town this weekend since his mom, a teacher, has off both Friday and Monday. We were really hoping they could bond with their granddaughter, but as Dr. Shaner said today, we've pretty much sealed our fate that she won't show up before they get here. We jinxed ourselves... bummer!...
So keep praying for us that she would come soon. We're so ready to meet her and hold her and love up on her! :) (and not be pregnant anymore!!) :)

I'm glad to hear the update. I was getting a little worried! :) Baby girl is just staying warm and comfy inside - she just loves her Mommy. :) That's nice that your dr. is willing to strip the membranes next week instead of immediately putting you on pitosin (sp?). I like that option better. We're praying!!! Can't wait to meet her!!!!