Powered by Blogger.

Magic House

Friday Jon's mom and dad came into town...since there was no baby girl to visit, we decided to take Evan on his first trip to the Magic House Children's Museum. I wasn't sure what to expect since it had been YEARS since I had been there myself (probably on a field trip when I was in grade school...). 


Evan was in seventh heaven. It had WAY more stuff for him to do than the Children's Museum that we loved so much in Minnesota! And we didn't even visit everything! :) The theme for the day happened to be balls...so many exhibits used them, and he visited every one! Balls that made music, balls that took maze trips, balls that floated in the air, balls that he could bounce in, balls that he could throw...he was one happy camper! :)

...except when it came time to do the one thing that mommy actually remembered from her childhood--the static ball that makes your hair stand up. Mommy held Evan, but he wasn't impressed in the least. I'm pretty sure he would have started balling if we had stayed for one more picture. Bummer. Maybe next time he'll like it a little bit better...

We were SO impressed (it had nearly tripled in size since I had last been there) that we bought a year pass for Evan (it ended up being just about twice what our bill for one day with Grandma and Grandpa was going to be). We're slightly restricted to 10 visits during the summers and weekends throughout the year, but we can get in with up to four kids and two other adults. We can't wait to take Evan's friend Lily!! We hope we have time to go there when they come down to visit Evan's little sister later this year! :)

Enjoy some pictures, but be sure to check out the rest of them here! :)











Mikaela  – (February 16, 2009 at 1:54 PM)  

Is "Magic House" code for we're going to the hospital?

Mikaela  – (February 16, 2009 at 7:03 PM)  

I get it now. When I checked it earlier I only saw the title Magic House and no writing so thought maybe it was time?! The Magic House sounds like a really fun place!

Bethany  – (February 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM)  

oh my word! I can't wait! Only a few more weeks till we come!! Also, what a funny picture of you and Evan at the end

Jon and Lani  – (February 17, 2009 at 12:13 PM)  

you too can have your picture taken with Lily and your hair sticking up (next time i'll try to remember to wear my hair down so the effect is a little more dramatic!) :) can't wait to see you guys!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP