Introducing Haven Marie


Approximately one hour after the epidural, Lani dilated from 5 cm to 10 cm and felt the need to push by 10 am. Crazy!! Jon was on his way to get the tripod, so boy was he in for a surprise when he returned! Lani tried to blow away the urge to push so her parents could arrive before the delivery, but little girl was having none of that. :) (there's that attitude again!...) Dr. Shaner arrived at about 10:30 and decided it was time to start pushing. So Jon quickly set up the tripod and got the cameras ready himself. (Lani's mom was supposed to be the photographer...)
After 2 pushes, the baby's heart rate dropped to and stay at 60 beats per minute, so Dr. Shaner quickly ordered the vacuum, thinking that perhaps the cord was wrapped around her head. One push later, our little girl came flying out (seriously...usually you have one push for the head, then another for the shoulders, but she came out all at once!). We were both in quite a bit of shock to believe that it happened so quickly! I still can't believe it!
Haven Marie Palmer was born at 10:42 am weighing in at 7 lbs, 10.9 oz and 21 inches long. She has beautiful dark brown hair, wide eyes, a quiet and peaceful disposition, and a passion for sucking. :)
Mom and baby are both doing fine. I'm actually surprised how much energy I have...can't wait to show her off to all of my friends and family! :)
Here's a quick preview, but check out my facebook album here for more pictures!

I think I look at the pictures SEVERAL times a day! Thanks for posting them!